The following is a summary of some of the many supports available to the LGBT+ community of UWM.
LGBT Studies Certificate Program
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Studies investigates the historical and contemporary experiences of people traditionally neglected in scholarship and courses. It explores questions about sexuality as well as identity, community, representation, diversity, assimilation, and discrimination that are both academically and socially significant. The Certificate Program in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies is designed for students majoring in any field who wish to complement their study of a discipline with an additional concentration in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender studies.
LGBT Resource Center
The mission of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Resource Center at UW-Milwaukee is to connect with various student populations and the community at large by:
- Embracing the diversity of the UWM student community
- Increasing the awareness, education, and presence of LGBT+ topics on the UWM campus,
- Providing a resource for students and community members wanting to learn about and advocate for LGBT+ topics,
- Providing a safe-space for all LGBT+ students and their allies at UWM to give and receive social and emotional support, and
- Fostering student leadership, and personal, academic, and professional growth through collaborations on and off campus.
The LGBT Resource Center is a student led and funded initiative to serve UW-Milwaukee students and the general University community.
Visit the LGBT Resource Center website for more information.
Domestic Partner Benefits for UW System Employees
Download a summary of the domestic partner benefits available to UW System employees. The following topics are addressed in the document include qualifications of a domestic partnership, employee benefit plan types, creating a domestic partnership for benefit purposes, things to consider before establishing a domestic partnership for benefit purposes, enrollment information, tax consequences, plan specific information, leave benefits, and UW resources.