Applications for Spring 2017 re-entry students are now being accepted. These grants are open to students who will be returning to UWM in the College of Letters & Science who also meet the following criteria:
- Have not attended UWM for 2 or more semesters.
- Left UWM in good standing with a 2.75 GPA or higher.
- Left UWM with 90 or more credits.
- Returning to complete a program in the College of Letters & Science. See undergraduate degree program for a list of eligible programs.
- Attending at least half-time (minimum 6 credits)
- Have demonstrated financial need as shown on the FAFSA
These grants range from $500 to $2,500 and are not renewable beyond the Spring 2017 semester.
To apply for the Re-entry Student grant, complete these steps:
- Fill out the Application Form. Be sure to include the information listed below.
- Upload a personal statement that is no longer than 3 pages on how a UWM education will help you achieve your personal and professional goals and why you have decided to return to UWM. (Word or PDF file)
- If you have attended any other college or university since leaving UWM, include a copy of those transcripts. If you have already sent your transcript as part of an application for re-admission to UWM, you DO NOT have to upload your transcript.
The deadline to apply is 11:59 pm on December 31, 2016. However, awards will be made on a rolling basis, so submitting an earlier application is encouraged.
Please send any questions to Assistant Dean Deanna Alba, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (414) 229-2923.