Explore our programs that lead to careers in healthcare – Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Health, Kinesiology, Healthcare Administration and more!
Whether you know exactly what you want to major in or are still considering your options, explore what UWM has to offer you as you prepare for a healthcare career.
You will have the opportunity to speak to advisors from our programs: Nursing, Health Sciences, Public Health and all of our pre-professional programs (medicine, pharmacy, veterinary, dentistry, optometry, chiropractic, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and physician assistant).
You’ll leave the program knowing what the next steps are to apply to UWM. Know someone else who might be interested? Share this web link with them or an invitation.
The program runs from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and will follow this agenda:
- 9:00 – Check In
- 9:10 to 9:20 – Overview of Health-Related Majors and Careers
- 9:30 to 10:00 – Intro to Public Health
- 10:10 to 10:40 – Intro to Health Sciences (Biomedical Sciences, Kinesiology, Diagnostic Imaging, Occupational Studies, Nutritional Sciences, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Occupational Therapy)
- 10:50 to 11:20 – Intro to Nursing
- 11:30 to noon – Intro to the Pre-Professional Programs (Pre-Med, Pre-Physician Assistant, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Pre-Chiropractic, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Anesthesiologist Assistant, Pre-Pathologists’ Assistant, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Podiatry)
- noon to 1:00 – Lunch and panel discussion with program representatives, admissions, and current students