Resources and Links
All links below, except those designated as L&S, leave this site.
The UWM Catalog and shared governance
Shared governance means that faculty (in programs, as well as on college committees) have oversight responsibility for curriculum. The official record of what counts for a program (major, minor, certificate) is the UWM Catalog. Some pages are not subject to governance:
- Edit UWM Online Catalog (non-governance pages: Overview, Faculty, etc.)
Course and program changes
Curriculum changes are subject to governance. Please enter them into CourseLeaf so they can be approved and entered into the catalog:
- Edit or Create Courses within Curricular Areas (governance)
- Edit Programs and Start Workflow for Program Changes (governance)
Most curriculum changes will be reviewed by the L&S Academic Policy and Curriculum Committee. Meeting dates and deadlines for materials to be put on the meeting agenda can be found on the L&S Committees page.
Additional guidance for new courses
When creating courses, see:
- Syllabus links that need to be added to every syllabus
- L&S Syllabus Checklist – Use this checklist to make sure your syllabus, for your new, old, or updated course, aligns with all UWM and L&S policy and federal law.
For further guidance on curriculum changes, contact the Director of Curriculum & Governance, Kristin Sziarto (email@example.com), See also:
Academic Approval Matrices
Regarding the governance path for the changes you want to make, see the academic approval matrices:
Other Resources for Program Administration:
- Resources for Program Reviews
- Initial Information for creation of Programs, Centers, Certificates, etc.
- Open Meeting Submission