Planning the rest of your degree program takes two—you and your academic advisor. Your advisor can answer your questions about UWM policies and procedures, degree and major requirements, and the transfer process. If you are a prospective transfer student, you can schedule a campus visit and an informational session on Letters & Science majors by visiting http://www4.uwm.edu/visit/tours.cfm. Or, you can meet with a Letters & Science admissions counselor by contacting us at (414) 229-7711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you’ve been admitted, you will be assigned an academic advisor and can schedule an individual meeting with your advisor. Working closely with your advisor can make your transition to UWM a smooth one. You can help by doing your part:
- Activate your student center page in PAWS and familiarize yourself with the features and available information. A tutorial is available to assist you.
- Check your To Do List in PAWS.
- Review your transfer credit evaluation and academic record to identify any potential problems early on.
- Complete necessary items on the Transfer Student Checklist.
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor. Come prepared with questions and concerns.
- Register for and attend an orientation session.
For additional information about transfer credits, see the UW System Transfer Information page.