The transition from high school to college can be challenging. There are new people to meet, classes are more demanding and time management becomes crucial. The Freshman Advising Program can help you get off to a great start at UWM by providing personal attention and service. You can expect your advisor to:
- Explain L&S degree and major requirements
- Assist with class selection and registration
- Help you choose and declare a major
- Assist with time management and study skills
- Provide information on UWM programs and events
- Recommend tutoring and other helpful support
- Help you navigate all of the challenges and opportunities you encounter as a freshman
Keep in touch with your advisor and make sure you schedule a meeting with him/her at least once each semester!
Tips for First Year Success. Academic Survival Tips:
To schedule an appointment with your advisor, see our contact us page.
Student Academic Services-General(414) firstname.lastname@example.orgHolton Hall 145
Student Academic Services-General(414) email@example.comHolton Hall 148
Student Academic Services-General(414) firstname.lastname@example.orgHolton Hall 146
Student Academic Services-Generalahkeyes@uwm.eduHolton Hall 144
Student Academic Services-General414email@example.comHolton Hall 150