Since 2014, CIE has facilitated the use of NRC funds to support the Department of Global Studies through curriculum development and enhancement, program dissemination, and career and overseas internship development.
Funds of up to $2,000 will be awarded to a single faculty/instructor or a group of faculty/instructors to enhance an existing course in the Global Studies tracks. Courses with the following focuses are especially welcome:
- Global Water Modules
- Local and global issues of equity and social justice in all GS tracks
- Middle East and Mediterranean topics
- Courses that incorporate the current FICL curriculum
- Health track
- Merging of Security and Sustainability tracks
- Redesigning to an online format
Applications require a budget summary and 1-2 page narrative describing the project’s academic focus including: anticipated content, disciplinary or interdisciplinary focus and academic goals, as well as a description of how those goals would be achieved by the proposed project.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. All professional activities must be completed by August 1st, 2023.