The following defines the information security roles of campus personnel.
- UWM’s Chief Information Officer (CIO) has been formally designated by the Chancellor as the institutional official responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of information security policy.
- The Information Security Officer (ISO) is the staff member within UITS who is responsible for developing standards related to information security.
- The Chief of Police is responsible for coordinating the engagement of law enforcement in information security compliance and law enforcement response where appropriate and helping to ensure information and physical security.
- College and Division leaders are responsible for coordinating their efforts with the other institutional representatives as necessary to ensure compliance with legal requirements and information security policy.
- The Office of Legal Affairs provides legal guidance as necessary to ensure that university activities meet the requirements of information security policy and the law.
- The Information Systems Auditor from the Department of Internal Audit provides assessment services for departments and divisions to monitor compliance with legal requirements and best practices in an independent, unbiased and uniform manner.