It will take a coordinated and inclusive approach to identify how UWM will achieve the project benefits. Therefore, a project approach is proposed, which will result in:
- A design for service delivery of support functions (Finance & Accounting, HR, IT, Procurement)
- A plan for implementation of the service delivery/organizational design including a staffing strategy and change management
- A plan for training and communication
Benefits for Current Employees
- Identification of career paths — Employees involved in delivering the function will be able to clearly see where they are and where they can go within the organizational structure.
- Appropriate alignment of salaries — Employee salaries readily align with the organizational structure of the function.
- Enhanced dissemination of communication — A clear, streamlined organizational structure around a business function allows for communication to occur easily.
- Employees reporting to supervisors with an understanding of their work
- Enhanced professional development opportunities — Levels within the organizational structure will have specific competencies associated with them. This allows employees to identify competencies of a higher level position, determine (with the assistance of their supervisor) what competencies they may need to develop, and determine a fitting professional development plan.
- Role clarity and business process standardization
Other Project Benefits
The following is a comprehensive list of benefits to be derived from this project:
- Reduce costs through simplification and standardization
- Concentrate resources on core higher value activities
- Increase service quality to the academic and administrative units
- Improve response to organizational changes
- Facilitate the deployment of technology
- Support new business process capabilities
- Enhance focus on campus unit operations vs. back office processing
- Meet process excellence targets
- Attract and retain the best talent
- Align the organization on common objectives
- Meet internal customer satisfaction expectations
- Increase productivity of internal customers