The information below is for ELA students from Oman who have a scholarship from the Sultanate of Oman or are applying for a scholarship from the Sultanate of Oman.
Students in the Intensive English Program sponsored by the Sultanate of Oman cannot take courses in the Intensive English Program more than 1 year after their initial enrollment date. This includes two full semesters and one summer session. The summer session is not required for students sponsored by the Sultanate of Oman. However, we strongly encourage students to take courses during our summer session to ensure that they gain full admittance to the university after 1 year of study in our Intensive English Program. After 1 year, students sponsored by the Sultanate of Oman in the Intensive English Program must have reached an English proficiency level that meets admission requirements for either foundation or full admission.
You can learn more about the Sultanate of Oman sponsorship requirements at their website here.
Learn more information about the English proficiency requirements for foundation and full admission.
Payment of ELA Tuition and Fees
- All students are responsible for payment of tuition and fees.
- A student must give the ELA Office a copy of the Sultanate of Oman financial guarantee as soon as possible. E-mail is acceptable.
- Students are responsible for all fees and payments before a financial guarantee is submitted and processed.
- Tuition and Fees are due the first day of class.
- Amounts received after the due date will be charged a late fee of $25 and a 1.5% charge per month.
- Remember: The student is responsible for payment of all tuition and fees. Payments can be verified through PAWS
- If a student has personally paid the ELA tuition and has a valid Sultanate of Oman financial guarantee which covers the session, the student will receive a refund check from the UWM Cashier’s Office.
- The check will be made payable to the student and will be mailed to the student’s Milwaukee address. The Milwaukee address must be current and correct in PAWS for the check to be mailed.
Verification of Enrollment / Report of Study
Students sponsored by the Sultanate of Oman must submit a report of study to their sponsor upon completion of the Intensive English Program. Complete the steps below to receive a report of study.
- Complete the Report Request Form.
- Office staff will prepare the report and email it to the student within three business days.