Transfer Students to UWM

To Transfer to UWM from another university

If an F1 visa student wishes to transfer to the Intensive English Program at UWM from another program, that student must complete all five application steps and submit the UWM ELA Transfer Request Form. Part I of this form must be completed by the student, Part II must be completed by an advisor at the old school.

  • If you have not already done so in the online application, please also provide your home country address and your U.S. mailing address.

The student is responsible for sending their UWM welcome letter to their old school and completing any transfer steps that school requires. Once the old school transfers the student’s SEVIS record to UWM (new school), ELA can issue an I-20.