SOIS Computer Lab General Information
SOIS drop-in student lounges are located in NWQ-B 2455 and 3455. These lounges, which SOIS students are free to use for their coursework, are equipped with high-end workstations which include:
- Intel Core i7 CPU
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- Solid State Hard Drive (SSD)
- 24″ Flat Panel Monitors
- Access to networked printer
- Cell phone charging station (NWQ-B 3455)
- SOIS Lab Software Suite
- *The lounges are located in public areas and cannot be reserved for events. The lounges are open any time the NWQ building is open
SOIS offers two dedicated classroom computer labs. These labs are equipped with high-end workstations which include:
- Intel Core i5 CPU
- 16GB DDR2 RAM
- 256G Solid State Hard Drive (SSD)
- 24″ Touchscreen Monitors
- SOIS Lab Software Suite
- Instructor station with projector access
- Capacity: NWQ-D 1990 is 36, NWQ-D 1885 is 24
- *Not a ‘drop-in’ lab and for scheduled SOIS courses and events only
SOIS offers an abundance of licensed and open source software, in both its physical and virtual computer labs. Both the physical and virtual computer lab run identical software packages. Below is a list of available software applications and packages currently installed in the SOIS Labs.
Please contact: email@example.com if you have a request for software or suggestion about our labs.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Adobe Flash Professional CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Axure RP Pro
- Cisco Packet Tracer
- Google Chrome
- Inspiration 9
- Internet Explorer
- Irfan View
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Mozilla Firefox
- MySQL Workbench
- Oxygen XML Editor
- TechSmith Relay
- VLC media player
Software for Faculty/Staff
(available to install on any University/SOIS owned and maintained computers)
We offer free color printing to SOIS faculty, staff, and students.
- Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD students are limited to 250 pages each semester they are enrolled in one or more SOIS courses
- Faculty & Staff have unmetered printing quotas
- Printers are located in the 2nd & 3rd floor lounges
- Print quotas do not rollover
- Quotas can be checked at https://print.sois.uwm.edu
- SOIS retains the right to revoke or suspend printing privileges at any time for any reason they see fit.
Pages are worth $0.10 cents each, so everyone will start with a balance of $25. Is is not possible to purchase more pages after a quota is reached.
Printing quotas can be checked online: https://print.sois.uwm.edu.
Login with your ePanther ID and Password.