Sam is an Adversarial Security Testing Engineer for Northwestern Mutual in Milwaukee. His team is charged with acting as the “bad guys” for the organization to confirm security controls are effective. Their responsibilities include ethical hacking, red teaming, purple teaming, penetration testing, threat simulations, and other offensive security activities.
In addition to his full-time job, he also is an Adjunct Lecturer for UW-Milwaukee SOIS, teaching courses that cover information security and web application development. He recently developed a new elective titled Web Application Penetration Testing in which he teaches the hands-on skillset of conducting penetration tests of modern web applications.
- Masters of Science in Information Science and Technology - UW-Milwaukee (2018).
- Bachelors of Science in Information Science and Technology - UW-Milwaukee (2017).
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
- CompTIA Security+ (Sec+)
- INFOST 491: Web Application Penetration Testing
- INFOST 325: Information Security I
- INFOST 440: Web Application Development