Education & Innovation
The SOIS Disruptive Technologies Lab is an innovative space for learning and experimentation. Both onsite and online students can explore technology and digital environments driving the next stage of communication services, digital platforms, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), and artificial intelligence. Activities include:
- Seminars, Workshops, Bootcamps, Hackathons on a variety of disruptive technologies.
- On-site and Virtual Lab Environment
- Interdisciplinary Courses – Starting Fall 2018
Research & Collaboration
The SOIS Disruptive Technologies Lab supports the emergent regional technology ecosystem. As a hub for collaboration and innovation, the lab will provide an environment for research and collaboration. The Disruptive Technologies Lab welcomes
formal and informal collaborations with other scholars, institutions and agencies.
Disruptive Technologies Blogs
- In the News: Matt Friedel Appears in CBS58 Special Report: What’s Killing Your Battery?
- Matt Friedel Teams Up With Local Schools For Hour of Code Presentations
- With new technology in hand, UWM students build school’s own cryptocurrency
- Learning Blockchain & Digital Cryptocurrency @ the SOIS Disruptive Technologies Lab
- UR@UWM – Impacts of Blockchain Technology
Dr. Jacques du Plessis
Co-Founder & IoT
Co-founder & AI
Dr. Shana Ponelis
Co-founder & Blockchain