Emphasizing the use, implementation, management and evaluation of information technologies for a wide range of organizations, the IT concentration will prepare you to work in a diverse information technology landscape.
|Applications Developer||Digital Library Programmer|
|Search Engine Engineer||Information Technology Librarian|
|Web and Content Developer||Integrated Library Systems Manager|
|Emerging Technologies Specialist|
To pursue the Information Technology Concentration you must complete and submit the Information Technology Concentration Declaration of Intent form. This will allow the program coordinator to track student progress and communicate with you via the email list.
Things to know…
- The concentration is a credential which appears on your transcript, and is completed within the context of the MLIS program.
- You may not earn a concentration and a certificate based on identical coursework.
- Upon completion of your coursework, your concentration program will be reviewed and approved by the coordinator of the Information Technology Concentration.
- Please submit the Declaration of Intent Form (above).
The Information Technology Concentration requires a minimum of 15 credits of coursework taken from the list of qualifying courses below.
For a complete list of required courses and electives for the Information Technology Concentration, please visit the UWM Graduate School Catalog.
Recommended Courses (not counted toward the concentration)
- COMPST 701 Mathematical and Computing Fundamentals
- COMPST 702 Software Development in Python
- COMPST 703 Software Engineering Principles