UWM Faculty and staff can procure a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT for non-UWM individuals who are affiliated with their department, projects or research and have legitimate business or academic need for university information technology (IT) services. Sponsored individuals with access to IT services through an ePantherACCOUNT are required to adhere to the Regents’ Policy on ‘Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources’ as well as applicable laws and regulations. Please review the rest of this document before selecting the Sponsored Account request form.
By approving the request for a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT, the faculty or staff member becomes a sponsor and agrees to the following:
- The sponsor must have a legitimate reason for requesting an account for a guest.
- The sponsor and their guest are required to provide accurate and valid contact information.
- The sponsor is encouraged to set the guest affiliation for the shortest time possible, with the understanding that sponsorship and guest access to IT services may be renewed as long as the affiliation continues.
- The sponsor is responsible for reporting when the guest affiliation has ended.
- The sponsor is responsible for responding to notification of pending guest affiliation expiration so IT services are renewed without interruption, or disabled to protect university resources.
- The sponsor is responsible for identifying another sponsor if they intend to leave the university.
The procedure used to request a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT can vary depending on the services that the individual needs to access. The sponsor must have the following information before requesting a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT:
- Legal name of the individual
- Date of birth of the individual
- Indication if the individual was a former student or employee of UWM
- Previous name if the individual was a former student or employee of UWM
- Reason/Justification for the request which may Include details to support the need for university IT services. Include name and type of outside business, program, educational institution or organization the guest is associated with. Include the guest’s role (employee, student, professor, member of, etc.) with their outside business, organization, etc. It may also Include a brief explanation of the guest’s main affiliation with UWM, such as clinical field instructor overseeing students, vendor contractor working on long-term campus project, researcher/collaborator assisting sponsor on research, volunteer with department, non-UWM student serving internship, member of a UWM-affiliated organization, consultant, etc.
- Category of sponsored guest.
- The Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT Request Form is for departmental use, only to collect and process these requests for guests of sponsors.
- Please use the Instructor Set Up Form for new instructor requests.
- Please see the Obtaining Sponsored Wireless Access Page for Sponsored WIRELESS access.
- Employee or Student requests may be denied:
- UWM campus computing accounts can only be provisioned for formally verified users. Accordingly, before a request for a new employee account can be implemented, all HR forms and paperwork must be: (1) completed; (2) approved by the Personnel Representative (PREP) of the prospective account holder’s division (school, college, or administrative department); and (3) entered by the UWM Campus’ Department of Human Resources. This process is necessary to ensure the security of vital campus systems and to prevent unintended user account duplication. Please contact your division’s Personnel Representative for further information.
- PREPs or authorized individuals may submit Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT requests for new employees if paperwork is delayed. The IAM Team will create accounts one (1) week prior to the individual’s start date. The account will expire after two (2) weeks if the paperwork is not submitted / completed.
- Please allow 2 business days for Sponsored ePantherACCOUNTs to be created.