EPM Nightly Batch Processing Schedule
- EPM Batch Updates run Sunday through Friday Nights.
- EPM Batch Update Window: 8:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.
(time reserved for EPM Batch processes to run)
- Sunday Night EPM Batch updates pick up data from HRS entered Saturday and Sunday.
- Beginning on 7/19/2014, the EPM data view UW_AM_BAL_VW will be updated every Saturday night. The change will impact the “freshness” of the data in this data view. The data will be static for one week, “as of” the previous Saturday evening.
- Beginning on 12/27/2014, the EPM data view UW_TL_GR_DTL_VW will only be updated every Saturday night. The change will impact the “freshness” of the data in this data view. The data will be static for one week, “as of” the previous Saturday evening.
- Please do not schedule processes to run against EPM during the EPM Batch Update Window (8:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M., Sunday through Friday). Doing so risks delays or errors in the nightly processing of the EPM Batch jobs, which could adversely affect the EPM updates.
How to Verify EPM Batch Completion Times
You can verify the EPM Batch completion time on the Service Center Administration webpage:
See the “EPM Refresh” message under “HRS Process Notifications” on the upper right side of the web page.
In addition, EPM Batch notices are sent via the Twitter account @HRSProcessing. If you have a Twitter account, you can follow @HRSProcessing.
- Go to the Service Center Administration webpage:
- Click on the “More updates…” link underneath the “EPM Refresh” message. This link will take you the “@HRSProcessing” account on Twitter.
- Once in Twitter, click on the “Follow” button in the upper right-hand corner of the web page. You will be asked to log into Twitter with your account User ID/password, or set up a Twitter account if you don’t already have one.
What is the EPM Batch?
Every day, people update employee information in the HRS production system. Every night (excluding Saturday night), the EPM Data Warehouse is brought up-to-date with those changes. The process that runs nightly to update the EPM Data Warehouse is called “Extract/Transform/Load” or “ETL,” and is run through a series of steps known as the “EPM Nightly Batch.” During the “EPM Nightly Batch,” any data that was added, updated, or deleted in the HRS production system since the previous “EPM Nightly Batch” is brought over to the EPM Data Warehouse through a three step process:
- Any changes in HRS production data (added, updated, or deleted data) are “extracted” from the HRS production database.
- These changes are “transformed” into a more usable format for EPM.
- The “transformed” data is “loaded” into the EPM Data Warehouse.
Note: The EPM Batch processes run after the HRS Batch processes, such as payroll calcs and confirm, in order to provide the most current EPM data possible. Occasionally, especially during payroll processing or if a problem is encountered in the HRS Batch, the EPM Batch updates are delayed and do not complete by 7:00 A.M. When this occurs, a notification will be sent out to EPM users. You can also check the “EPM Refresh” time on the Service Center Administration page as described above.
For more information regarding the EPM Data Warehouse, please see: