How can I obtain access to HRS?
- For HRS view-only roles, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Time/Labor Approvers and/or Payroll Coordinators access is assigned via the Time/Labor Security functionality directly within HRS by divisional staff. Please contact the appropriate Personnel Representative for further assistance.
How do I access HRS?
- For core HRS users the system can be accessed directly via the following URL: https://hrs.wisconsin.edu
- HRS Employee and Manager Self-Service can be accessed via the portal: my.uwm.edu
Why can I no longer access HRS?
- Individual job or position changes (transfer/promotion/termination) will trigger automatic revocation of access within HRS. HRS roles/access will need to be re-provisioned. Send an e-mail to email@example.com for further assistance.
- All core HRS users are required to complete the HRS Security Awareness Course within 60 days of being granted HRS access, as well as on an annual basis. HRS/EPM access, including Employee Self-Service, will be locked for users who do not complete the course/quiz within this specified time period. Once confirmation is received that this security requirement has been met, the UW Service Center will be contacted to unlock access. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
My One Time Password (OTP) device (fob/smart phone) is no longer working. What do I do?
Return to Frequently Asked Questions