Current Employee Benefits


The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a Wisconsin public employer, offers a comprehensive benefits package. You may be entitled to participate in various benefit plans that the UW System offers. Also, the Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds administers a number of benefit programs available through Wisconsin public employers.

Please contact the UWM Benefits Office with any questions concerning your benefits or eligibility.

  • Benefits Phone: (414) 229-5353
  • Benefits Fax: (414) 229-4102
  • Benefits Email:

Benefits Eligibility

Benefits eligibility and benefits packages vary according to appointment and appointment type. Refer to your appointment letter to confirm your appointment type.

UWM Employee Categories

MyUW Portal

Access your MyUW portal to:

  • Update Your Personal Information
  • Review Your Current Benefits Enrollment
  • Check Your Earnings Statements and Your Benefits Deductions
  • See Time Off Balances
  • Review Your WRS Statement

Making Benefits Changes

How family changes affect your benefits.

e.g. marriage, domestic partnership, birth, adoption, divorce, death, loss of other coverage

Family Changes

How employment changes affect your benefits.

e.g. retirement, termination, layoff, changes in appointment or percentage

Employment Changes

Certain benefit changes may be available at other times during the year, or at annual benefits enrollment.

Life Events Home

Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance

Long Term Care Insurance

College Savings Plan (Edvest)

Edvest, Wisconsin’s 529 College Savings Plan, allows you to save for your child’s K-12 education expenses and post-high school education. Funds can cover tuition, books, room and board, computers, tablets, and many other expenses at universities, colleges, professional schools, technical colleges, and graduate programs across the country and even at some institutions abroad.

The program offers low fees, a low minimum contribution of $15 per pay period, and can provide tax deductions for Wisconsin residents (limitations apply). UW System employees are able to direct deposit from their payroll.

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)

Eligible employees have the opportunity to pay certain health care and dependent day care expenses with tax-free dollars through flexible spending accounts offered under the Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) program. The flexible spending accounts are administered by TASC.

Health Savings Accounts (HSA)

A health savings account is an individually-owned, tax-advantaged savings account. You may use HSA funds to pay for medical, dental, prescription, and vision expenses for you, your spouse, and qualifying dependents. Please visit the links below for detailed information about health savings accounts.

Parking and Transit Accounts

With federal tax law changes for 2018, UW employees will no longer be able to create Parking and Transit Accounts as administered by TASC. This is effective with June 2018 payrolls.

If you have an existing TASC Parking and/or Transit Account, no additional account payroll deductions will be taken effective with paychecks dated on or after June 1, 2018; any remaining account funds, however, are still available to be used for eligible parking/transit purposes until exhausted or you become ineligible for the plan(s).

Note: Payroll deductions will be taken on a post-tax basis, effective with paychecks dated on or after June 1, 2018 for UWM employees who already have, or who newly enroll, for campus parking permits and/or commuter value transit passes available through UWM Transportation Services.

Retirement and Savings Plans

Tax-Sheltered Annuity 403(b) Program (TSA)

Wisconsin Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plan (WDC)

To change, or stop payroll deductions, contact WDC directly: