- Review Contract Guidebook for termination policies.
- Submit Contract Termination Form and supporting documentation to University Housing, Sandburg C100. Contract Termination Forms can be found on the Forms and Publications page of this website at https://uwm.edu/housing/policies/forms-publications/.
- If your termination is unapproved, pre-schedule an in-person exit interview and attend appointment.
- During this 15 minute exit interview University Housing Staff will verify if your reason for termination is approved or not and determine your termination fees.
- Pre-Schedule a check-out day/time with your RA to inspect your room (in Kenilworth, see the Service Desk).
- Submit any work orders for outstanding repairs.
- Start to pack.
- Clean your room
- return room to original condition.
- Remove all items from door/wall.
- Put bed in original placement.
- Rental lofts should taken down and placed under bed.
- Remove all personal belongings from common areas.
- Minimal cleaning supplies are available for check-out through the Service Desk.
- Clean out your mailbox.
- Update your address on your MyHousing account so we know where to forward your mail.
- Move all personal belongings out of room and ensure it is clean prior to checking-out with your RA.
- Check-out with your RA.
- Sign the check-out section of Room Condition Report.
- Return room key/fob to your RA.
- Failure to clean your space, return your key/fob or check-out with staff could result in improper check-out fees.
- Lock change fees for non-returned keys is $75.
- Improper check-out fee is $75.
- Residents who vacate after the last day of Fall Finals but before the Friday immediately preceding the start of the Spring Semester are required to Express Check-Out via their Service Desk. The $75 improper check-out fee will be waived for this time period as a result of limited staffing during winter break.
- Gold Account money can be refunded by contacting the Panther Card office at (414) 229-2231 or Union 198.
If you believe that your termination fees were assessed inappropriately or disagree with the termination fees you have the right to appeal. Financial Appeal forms are available in the University Housing Office.
Appeals and supporting documentation must be submitted within 120 calendar days of when your completed your Contract Termination Exit Interview.
If you fail to schedule an exit interview or miss your initial appointment your appeal must be submitted within 14 days of when your Contract Termination Form was submitted to University Housing. Financial Appeals submitted after this deadline will not be considered.