Current Resident Room Change Request

Room change requests submitted after the official room freeze is lifted (start of Fall and Spring semesters) will be approved pending vacancies. For more information about your contract guidelines, please see the Contract Guidebook.

Due to COVID-19, the room change process may be impacted in the following way(s):

  • There is an occupant limit per suite resulting in fewer spaces available for room changes.
  • Depending on the nature of room change requests, resident(s) may be required to go through a mediation with a student staff member (RA) present before a room change will be approved.
  • Residents wanting to live with a roommate will need to mutually request this (both residents need to fill out a room change form indicating they want to live together).
  • Building changes are allowed during the 2020-21 academic year.

If you are seeking a room change due to a documented disability or medical condition which requires special accommodation or modification to a University Housing facility (accessible shower, doorbells with light flashers, Braille signs, etc.), please apply for a University Housing Accommodation.

If you have extenuating financial considerations to take into account, please complete a Financial Appeal Form.

Room Change Request Form for CURRENT Residents

For use by current residents who would like to move rooms.
  • Please select your building and room type preference. Specific floor plan information can be seen on the University Housing webpage. Rates for the 2020-2021 academic year are as follows:

    Please Note: Residents that currently live with a roommate that opt into a room change into a space that no longer has a roommate will be charged the rate of a single occupancy room (single as a single occupancy, a double as a double SOLO, double upgraded SOLO). Double room rates only apply to those who share a room with another resident.

  • 1st Choice2nd Choice3rd Choice4th Choice5th Choice6th Choice7th Choice
    Double SOLO
    Double Upgrade (Cambridge only)
    Double Upgrade SOLO (Cambridge only)
    Single (Sandburg only)
    Triple (Sandburg North/South/West Only)
    Triple as Double (Sandburg North/South/West Only)