- This event has passed.
February 5 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Worrying how you’ll ever come up with a “good” paper?
Wondering about your new professor’s expectations for writing?
Lydia Equitz, our Honors College Writing Specialist, will be presenting three sessions on the ever-popular workshop: “What to Expect from Your First Honors Paper”.
Wednesday, January 5, 2020
5:00 to 6:00 p.m., Honors 195
Thursday, January 6, 2020
6:00 to 7:00 p.m., Honors 195
Lydia will cover:
- Formal and informal expectation for Honors 200 papers
- Brief review of the Honors College Writing Guidelines
- What current 200-level instructors have said about students’ first papers in the past
- How the expectations for papers differ across disciplines
- Why the trusty 5-paragraph theme won’t work any more
You will also get a chance to look at excerpts from actual student papers to see what works, and get the inside scoop on individual professors’ pet peeves!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lydia at email@example.com