- This event has passed.
Honors College Writing Workshop
September 14, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Worrying how you’ll ever come up with a “good” paper?
- Wondering about your new professor’s expectations for writing?
Lydia Equitz, our Honors College Writing Specialist, will be presenting two sessions on the ever-popular workshop: “What to Expect from Your First Honors Paper”.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
6:00 to 7:00 p.m., Honors 195
Monday, September 18, 2017
7:00 to 8:00 p.m., Honors 195
Lydia will cover:
- Formal and informal expectation for Honors 200 papers
- Brief review of the Honors College Writing Guidelines
- What current 200-level instructors have said about students’ first papers in the past
- How the expectations for papers differ across disciplines
- Why the trusty 5-paragraph theme won’t work any more
You will also get a chance to look at excerpts from actual student papers to see what works, and get the inside scoop on individual professors’ pet peeves!