Scholarship Applications for 2022-23 are now open!
The deadline to apply is January 31, 2022.*
Scholarships are a great way to provide additional support for your education. As a student pursuing a degree in the UW-Milwaukee College of Health Sciences (CHS) you have many scholarship opportunities available to you.
CHS typically awards more than $32,000 per year in scholarships to our students. The typical minimum award is $1,000 with some as high as $3,000! Actual awards may vary and are made based on the availability of funds. Not all scholarships are based on financial need.
CHS scholarships are available to all students!
- Undergraduate and Graduate students
- First generation students
- Students from underrepresented backgrounds
- Students in all CHS degree programs and in all class levels
- Students new to CHS as new freshmen or transfers from other institutions
- All GPA’s at or above a 2.5
*Eligibility varies by scholarship
- CHS First Generation Scholarship (all degree programs)
- CHS New Freshman Scholarship* (all degree programs – for new freshman entering UWM in Fall 2022). Apply by December 31, 2021!
- CHS New Transfer Student Scholarship (all degree programs – for new transfer students entering UWM in Fall 2022)
- Dean’s Advisory Board Scholarship (all degree programs)
- Easterling Family Scholarship (all first generation students)
- Froedtert Minority Scholars award (all majors; underrepresented students)
- Opportunity for Success Scholarship (all degree programs)
- Victoria Lenichek Memorial Scholarship (all students)
- Weisburg Scholarship (Biomedical Sciences – Medical Lab Sciences majors)
* New Freshman Scholarship Application deadline is December 31, 2021
- Catherine Zimmer Memorial Scholarship (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- Curative Care Network Memorial Scholarship (Communication Sciences and Disorders, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy)
- Lia Erin Schmidt Memorial Scholarship (Occupational Therapy)
- Sherri L. Sieff Scholarship (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- Steven Family Scholarship (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- Taugher Family Scholarship (Occupational Therapy)
- CHS Alumni Chapter Scholarship
- CHS Student Scholarship
- Biomedical Sciences Alumni Scholarship
- Kinesiology Faculty and Alumni Scholarship (BS, MS, PhD – Kinesiology)
- Leslie Blide Scholarship (BS Health Care Administration, MS Health Care Informatics)
- Randall S. Lambrecht Honor Code Scholarship
How to apply
Complete the FAFSA then go to the UWM Panther Scholarship Portal. Sign in using your PAWS credentials and complete the General Application and the CHS application. You may save your work and return to the portal at a later time.
You will then see a list of scholarships that you may apply to. Review each scholarship and click the “apply” button to any/all that you qualify for. If the scholarship requires additional information (and the application is open), you will click the “apply” button and can choose to answer the supplemental question(s) or not.
Check your UWM email for your application status. Additional information can be found at uwm.edu/scholarships.