You are assigned an academic advisor upon admission to UWM. New Student Orientation helps those who are new to campus to learn and understand the enrollment process and enroll in classes for their first semester at UWM!
UWM College of Health Sciences Student Affairs Staff
- BS Health Care Administration
- Health Care Administration Minor
- BS Nutritional Sciences (including pre-Dietetics)
- Nutritional Sciences Minor
- Health Care Informatics Certificate
- BS Biomedical Sciences (all Laboratory and Medical Imaging submajors)
- BS Biomedical Sciences, Degree Completion Programs
- Forensic Science Certificate
- Molecular Diagnostics Certificate
- Blood Banking Certificate
- BS Communication Sciences & Disorders (including pre-SLP and pre-Audiology)
- BS Occupational Science & Technology (including pre-OT)
- BS Biomedical Sciences, Health Science
- Therapeutic Recreation Certificate
When should I meet with my advisor?
You are encouraged to meet with your advisor at least once per semester to ensure timely progress to graduation.
- Enrolling for spring semester?
Schedule an appointment with your advisor in October or November.
- Enrolling for fall semester?
Schedule an appointment with your advisor in March or April.
You are also welcome to schedule an appointment with your advisor at any time to discuss academic challenges, career opportunities or any other questions.
How can my advisor help me?
The College of Health Sciences boasts professional academic advisors who understand the challenges of balancing academics, work, family and the social aspects of college life. Advisors partner with you to:
- Explore your academic and career interests
- Plan the sequence of your courses
- Prepare for course enrollment
- Access tutoring and other academic support
- Identify opportunities for campus involvement
- Connect you to campus resources
- Plan for graduation