- Academic Advisor, Office of Student Affairs
Interests & Expertise
Aggie Northrup, as an academic advisor, guides, assists and educates students from the first weeks of college through graduation.
Her current advisees are undergraduate students seeking degrees in Communication Sciences & Disorders and Occupational Science & Technology, as well as students interested in the Therapeutic Recreation Certificate and post-baccalaureate prerequisites for a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy and Communication Sciences & Disorders.
Prior to working in the College of Health Sciences, Aggie was involved in academic advising at UWM in Letters & Science, with additional experience in residence life, leadership studies and programs, new student services and financial aid.
As an academic advisor, she helps students understand university policies and procedures, learn degree requirements, select appropriate classes and identify the many other resources at UWM.
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- Wisconsin Academic Advising Association (WACADA)
- Advisors and Counselors Network (ACN), UW-Milwaukee
Current & Previous Activities
- Non-teaching Academic Staff Review Committee
- New Student Orientation Advisory Committee (current)
- Transfer Adult Student Orientation Advisory Committee (current)
- Phi Kappa Phi (current)
- Retention Steering Committee
- Academic Staff Hearings and Appeals Committee
- Enhancing Advising Subcommittee of the Advisors & Counselors Network
- Developmental Math Steering Committee
- Map-Works Advisory Committee
- Athletic Board