MS Recreation Management University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse 2006
BS Therapeutic Recreation University Wisconsin-LaCrosse 1992
- Therapeutic Recreation/Recreation Therapy
- Online and Hybrid Teaching and Learning
- Brain Injury
- Adaptive Sports & Adaptive Equipment
Interests & Expertise
Randy Kohl’s primary interests include undergraduate education in the discipline of therapeutic recreation, recreation management, adaptive sports, brain injury, aging, disability, inclusion and community recreation.
Kohl currently teaches in a distance education format through scheduled and self-paced online courses. During his 16 years of teaching at University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, he has made a commitment to continue to work as a recreation therapist or as administrator in various settings including: post-acute rehabilitation, acute psychiatric, psychiatric day treatment, psychiatric residential, community recreation, community adaptive sports, governmental aging, and skilled nursing facility.
Honors & Awards
Service Award (2012) Wisconsin Senior Olympics.
Outstanding Member of the Year (2003) Therapeutic Recreation Association of Greater Milwaukee.
Outstanding Member of the Year (2002) Therapeutic Recreation Association of Greater Milwaukee.
Community Service & Organizations
- Southeastern Wisconsin Adaptive Skiing Program – Board Member, Volunteer Skiing Instructor
- Wisconsin Senior Olympics – Board Member
- Menomonee Falls Angels Fastpitch Softball – Coach, Instructor
- Kettle Moraine Lutheran Jr. Chargers Fastpitch Softball – Instructor