- Clinical Instructor, Occupational Therapy, Rehabilitation Sciences & Technology
- Therapeutic Recreation/Recreation Therapy
- Online and Hybrid Teaching and Learning
- Brain Injury
- Adaptive Sports & Adaptive Equipment
Interests & Expertise
Randy Kohl’s primary interests include undergraduate education in the discipline of therapeutic recreation, recreation management, adaptive sports, brain injury, aging, disability, inclusion and community recreation.
Kohl currently teaches in a distance education format through scheduled and self-paced online courses. During his 16 years of teaching at University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, he has made a commitment to continue to work as a recreation therapist or as administrator in various settings including: post-acute rehabilitation, acute psychiatric, psychiatric day treatment, psychiatric residential, community recreation, community adaptive sports, governmental aging, and skilled nursing facility.
Honors & Awards
Community Service & Organizations
- Southeastern Wisconsin Adaptive Skiing Program – Board Member, Volunteer Skiing Instructor
- Wisconsin Senior Olympics – Board Member
- Menomonee Falls Angels Fastpitch Softball – Coach, Instructor
- Kettle Moraine Lutheran Jr. Chargers Fastpitch Softball – Instructor