- Biomedical Sciences: Biomedical Science BS
- Biomedical Sciences: Cytotechnology
- Biomedical Sciences: Health Sciences BS
- Biomedical Sciences: Health Sciences Degree Completion Program BS
- Biomedical Sciences: Medical Laboratory Science BS
- Biomedical Sciences: Public Health Microbiology BS
- Blood Banking / Immunohematology Certificate
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Clinical Instructor, Biomedical Sciences Undergraduate Laboratory Programs Clinical Education Coordinator, Laboratory Manager, Biomedical Sciences Lab Programs
Interests & Expertise
Brad De Pons is the Laboratory Manager of the Clinical Laboratories used for the Department of Biomedical Sciences. His expertise comes from five years of laboratory experience at the country’s largest hospital-based clinical laboratory.
Lab responsibilities include everything from maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies to assisting with the teaching of the labs and setting up testing for students. His goal is to set a high standard for students, running the teaching labs as if they were fully functioning clinical laboratories reporting out actual patient results.
Along with his duties as Lab Manager, De Pons is also a clinical instructor and teaches the introductory course to the Biomedical Sciences program. Topics covered in this course include Medical Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Cytology, Immunology, Clinical Hematology, Urinalysis, Hemostasis and Immunohematology/Transfusion Medicine.
He has a passion for laboratory medicine, and he enjoys instilling that passion into students to help them find a career path that they will find fulfilling.