Mission, Vision & Values
The UWM Doctor of Physical Therapy faculty and students, together with our clinical community, enhance health outcomes for Southeastern Wisconsin and beyond by optimizing human movement, achieving a representative physical therapy workforce, and promoting excellence in education, scholarship, and service.
The UWM Doctor of Physical Therapy program will be recognized as a national leader in Physical Therapy education, graduating physical therapists who strive for excellence as clinician-scholars and leaders practicing in diverse, collaborative and innovative settings to promote healthy communities.
- Commitment to evidence-based Physical Therapist education, encompassing an affordable and accessible student-centered approach in an urban environment, to develop excellent clinician-scholars.
- Representation and inclusion in a culture of flexibility, resilience, curiosity, and innovation.
- Integrity and respect in our relationships with students, colleagues, and our valued clinical and community partners.
- Collaboration within the University and with our clinical and community partners to improve population heath, health equity, social justice, and the human experience.
- Engagement through service, scholarship and leadership to shape future physical therapists with social responsibility.