The Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee will award a limited number of registration scholarships to members of the Wisconsin nonprofit workforce who want to experience the Wisconsin Nonprofit Summit but cannot afford to attend.
Applicants must be employed by a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit located in Wisconsin when submitting their application for a scholarship. All applicants accepted as scholarship recipients will be required to complete the post-conference survey and provide an electronic newsletter item within one month of the conference describing what they gained by attending it. Newsletter items will be published as space allows.
Supported by multiple sponsors, Wisconsin Nonprofit Summit scholarships are open to those Wisconsin-based nonprofit employees with demonstrated financial need. Those with fewer than three years of experience working in the non-profit sector are encouraged to apply.
All professionals currently employed by a Wisconsin-based nonprofit organization are eligible for a scholarship once for the Wisconsin Nonprofit Summit conference. The Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management Scholarship is offered only to nonprofit professionals who have never attended the Wisconsin Nonprofit Summit.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have never attended the Wisconsin Nonprofit Summit.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need (i.e., limited or no professional development funds).
- In the case of a tie, the scholarship will be given based on a written statement about what the applicant hopes to gain by attending the conference.
- The Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management reserves the right to offer funds to the next ranking applicant if the original recipient declines a scholarship.
- Complete the scholarship application.
- The application process will maintain the following deadlines:
- Scholarship applications to attend the annual Wisconsin Nonprofit Summit 2023 conference must be received no later than June 30, 2023.
- Applicants will be notified of the award no later than July 7, 2023.
- Scholarship recipients will submit the following within one month of the conference to the Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management:
- An electronic newsletter item within one month of the conference describing what they gained by attending the conference. Newsletter items will be published as space allows.
Completed applications must be sent electronically to the Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management by the deadline to be eligible.