Virtual Fundraising Bootcamp: Introduction to Individual Giving
March 29 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am CDT
Historically, individual giving has been the most significant source of private giving in the United States, far outpacing foundation or corporate giving. According to Giving USA, “American individuals, bequests, foundations, and corporations gave an estimated $449.64 billion to U.S. charities in 2019,” and of that, individual giving “totaled an estimated $309.66 billion,” representing 69% of total giving.
A successful nonprofit organization has diversified funding streams, and individual donors play an essential role. If you or your organization is new to individual giving, this webinar is for you. We’ll provide you with an overview of the fundraising landscape and walk you through the critical components of an individual giving program.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of individual giving in a nonprofit’s fundraising strategy
- Identify critical steps for a successful individual giving program
- Draft a plan to start or improve your annual individual giving program
- Fundraising & development staff
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Grant writers
- Program directors and staff