Welcome to Dr. Laodong Guo home page!
- 2013-2015: Chair, Executive Committee, School of Freshwater Sciences / UWM
- 2012-present: Professor, School of Freshwater Sciences (SFS), University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM), WI 53204
- 2005-2012: Associate Professor (Tenured)/Professor, Department of Marine Science (DMS), University of Southern Mississippi (USM), MS 39529
- 2002-2005: Associate Research Professor, International Arctic Research Center (IARC), University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF)
- 2000-2002: Assistant Research Professor, Frontier Research System for Global Change/JAMSTEC, International Arctic Research Center (IARC), University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF), AK 99775
- 1997-2000: Assistant Research Scientist, Laboratory for Oceanographic and Environmental Research, Texas A&M University at Galveston
- 1995-1997: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Laboratory for Oceanographic and Environmental Research (LOER), Texas A&M University at Galveston (TAMUG), TX 77551
- 1990-1995: Teaching and Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843
- Editorial Board member of Scientific Reports in Earth and Environmental Sciences, Nature Publishing Group (2014-0resent).
- Editorial Board member of Water, an open journal published by MDPI Publishing Institute (current).
- Editorial Board member of Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, an open journal published by MDPI Publishing Institute (current).
- Editorial Advisory Board member of the Journal of Riparian Ecology and Conservation published by DE GRUYTER Open, 2012-2017.
- Editorial Board member of ISRN Oceanography published by the International Scholarly Research Network (ISRN), 2012-2013.
- Co-Guest Editor of Deep-Sea Research II, Special Issue on “Biogeochemical studies from CHINARE Arctic Research Expeditions”, 2009-2012 (see the Special Issue here).
- Biogeochemical cycling of carbon, nutrients and trace elements in aquatic systems
- Role of natural organic matter in regulating the fate, transport and bioavailability/toxicity of nanoparticles and chemical species in aquatic environments
- Fate, transport and toxicity of crude oil in aquatic environments
- Physico-chemical processes at soil-water, river-lake, particle-water, and land-ocean interfaces
- Applications of stable isotopes and radionuclides (Th/U-series and fallout)
- Biogeochemical consequences of climate and environmental change
Teaching at UWM
- FRSHWTR-514: Analytical Techniques in Freshwater Sciences (3 CH)
- FRSHWTR-522: Aquatic Organic Biogeochemistry (3 CH)
- FRSHWTR-524: Aquatic Isotope Biogeochemistry (3 CH)
- FRSHWTR-695/999: Aquatic Colloids and Nanoparticles
- FRSHWTR-695/999: Independent Study on Laboratory Techniques and data processing
- 2002 Faculty research award, IARC/University of Alaska Fairbanks
- 2004 Visiting Professor, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
- 2005 Honorary Research Fellow, University of Birmingham, UK
- 2006 Chang-Jiang Scholar (Visiting Professor), Ministry of Education, China
- 2009 Visiting Professor, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
- 2016 Oversea Assessor, Chinese Academy of Sciences