Welcome to Dr. Laodong Guo’s home page!
Dr. Laodong Guo
Professor in Aquatic Biogeochemistry
School of Freshwater Sciences (SFS)
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM)
600 East Greenfield Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53204, USA
- PhD Chemical Oceanography, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas.
- M.S. Marine Chemistry, Xiamen University, China.
- 2013-2015: Chair, Executive Committee, School of Freshwater Sciences / UWM
- 2012-present: Professor, School of Freshwater Sciences (SFS), University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM), WI 53204
- 2005-2012: Professor/Associate Professor (Tenured), Department of Marine Science (DMS), University of Southern Mississippi (USM), MS 39529
- 2000-2005: Assistant/Associate Research Professor, Frontier Research System for Global Change/JAMSTEC, International Arctic Research Center (IARC), University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF), Fairbanks, AK 99775
- 1997-2000: Assistant Research Scientist, Laboratory for Oceanographic and Environmental Research, Texas A&M University at Galveston
- 1995-1997: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Laboratory for Oceanographic and Environmental Research (LOER), Texas A&M University at Galveston (TAMUG), TX 77551
- 1990-1995: Teaching and Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843
- Biogeochemical cycling of carbon, nutrients and trace elements in aquatic systems
- Role of natural organic matter (NOM) in regulating the fate, transport and reactivity (bioavailability/toxicity) of chemical species and nanoparticles
- Characterization of nanoplastics and colloids/nanoparticles in aquatic environments
- Physicochemical processes at soil-water, river-lake, particle-water, and land-ocean interfaces
- Biogeochemical response of Arctic rivers to climate and environmental change
- Editor: Journal of Oceanography (Springer Nature)
- Associate Editor: Frontiers in Environmental Science — Biogeochemical Dynamics (Frontiers).
- Editorial Board member of Scientific Reports in Earth and Environmental Sciences, (Nature Publishing Group).
- Editorial Board member of Water, an open journal published by MDPI Publishing Institute.
- Editorial Board member of Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, an open journal published by MDPI Publishing Institute.
- Topic Editor Frontiers in Marine Science, and Co-Guest Editor Deep-Sea Research II on CHAIARE-36.
Teaching at UWM-School of Freshwater Sciences
- FRSHWTR-342: Water Pollution (UG, 3 CH)
- FRSHWTR-514: Analytical Techniques in Freshwater Sciences (G/UG, 3 CH)
- FRSHWTR-522: Biogeochemistry of Natural Organic Matter (G/UG, 3 CH)
- FRSHWTR-524: Aquatic Isotope Biogeochemistry (G/UG, 3 CH)
- FRSHWTR-695/999: Aquatic Colloids and Nanoparticles
- FRSHWTR-695/999: Independent Study