A graduate education at UWM is more than just a degree. It’s an experience. Whether you are interested in a professional master’s degree, advancing your career with a certification, or conducting research and obtaining your doctorate, you can be confident that we are just as committed to your education as you are. Here is a little bit about us…
- As one of just two public research universities in the state, UWM offers 150+ master’s, doctoral, professional and graduate certificate programs, more than any other university in Southeastern Wisconsin. Our distinctive programs include the first School of Freshwater Sciences in America, the only dedicated public health school in the state and the only dedicated arts school in the University of Wisconsin System, among many other top-ranked programs.
- Our nationally known professors are leaders in their fields who are passionate about developing the next generation of leaders. You’ll work alongside faculty mentors to advance important and innovative research in UWM’s 170+ centers, labs and institutes.
- We are a vibrant community of nearly 24,000 students—including nearly 4,400 graduate students—from around the nation and more than 80 countries. Our campus is the most diverse in the UW System.
- More than $6 million in assistantships, fellowships and scholarships are awarded to graduate students each year. Assistantships offer full tuition remission, health coverage, and a monthly stipend.
- Travel awards are available to graduate students who present at professional conferences and meetings.
- You won’t find a better location in Wisconsin. We’re just five minutes from Lake Michigan, 15 minutes from downtown Milwaukee and 90 minutes from Chicago, which means you’ll have ready access to internships, jobs and professional networks—and plenty of fun when you need a study break.
- UWM is competitively priced compared with other public research universities and costs significantly less than private colleges. Assistantships, fellowships and scholarships can make a UWM graduate degree even more affordable.