GRAD 801: Preparing Future Faculty & Professionals
You can obtain credit on your transcript for “PFFP” offerings if you enroll in GRAD 801! This one-credit course features pre-recorded events in the series from previous years. You can optionally get credit for attending live events in the current PFFP series. Requires graduate status. May be retaken with change in topic up to 3 credits.Learning goals:
- Identify strategies for successful and timely completion of your degree requirements.
- Better understand the values, expectations, and institutional contexts of higher education.
- Develop professional networks of peers, faculty, alumni, and other professionals who can contribute to your success through and beyond graduate school.
- Grasp current trends in higher education, make your degree more flexible, and prepare yourself to assume roles within a wide possible range of academic and professional contexts.
- Acquire skills that facilitate success in both academic and non-academic careers, such as career planning, mentoring, research, grant writing, conferencing and communicating work to outside audiences.
- Learn job search strategies and skills.
- Enhance cultural competence and understanding of diversity.
Tentative list of modules for GRAD-801, “PREPARING FUTURE FACULTY & PROFESSIONALS” online, 2018-19
For more information, please email Susan Wade (email@example.com).