Fall 2020 New Graduate Student Orientation
August 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
The UWM Graduate School will host their New Graduate Student Orientation on Thursday, August 20th, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the 2nd floor Wisconsin Room of the UWM Student Union.
Orientation is designed to serve as a general overview of topics related to graduate student life at UWM.
The Graduate School’s orientation is different from any new graduate student orientation that may be offered by your academic program. Please check with your department for program-specific information. Lunch will be provided. Register below by Noon on Tuesday, August 18.
New Graduate Student Orientation Agenda
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Check-in
- 10:00am – 12:00pm: Resource Fair
- 10:30am – 12:00pm: Campus Tour* – Tours leave every 10 minutes and last approximately 30 minutes
- 11:00am – 11:45am: Klotsche Tour*
- 11:10am – 11:45am: Library Tour*
- 12:15pm – 1:00pm: Lunch served
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Main Presentation
- 2:00pm – 2:15pm: Break
- 2:15pm – 3:00pm: Breakout Session 1 (choose one): – Alumni/Current Grad Student Panel – Technology – Financial Aid – Campus Tour* – Klotsche Tour* – Library Tour*
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm: Break
- 3:15pm – 4:00pm: Breakout Session 2 (choose one): – Alumni/Current Grad Student Panel – Technology – Financial Aid – Campus Tour* – Klotsche Tour* – Library Tour*
- 4:00pm: Campus Tour*
- 4:30pm: Orientation Concludes
*Sign-up for tours will be the day of orientation at the check-in tables. Tours are conducted rain or shine so plan accordingly for inclement weather.Parking
Parking is available for free in the Union and Lubar School of Business garages. Please bring your parking ticket with you to orientation for validation.