- Curtin Hall 792
- Associate Professor, Department of Global Studies (Comparative Literature Program)
- ThD, Harvard Divinity School, 1997
Major: New Testament and Christian Origins
- MDiv, Harvard Divinity School, 1990
Major: Pastoral Care and Counseling; Scripture and Interpretation
- MTS., Harvard Divinity School, 1988
Major: Scripture and Interpretation
- BA, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, 1986
Major: Comparative Religion
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Literature of Early Christianity
- Paul the Apostle
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Literature of Second Temple Judaism
- The Bible in the African American Experience
- The Bible and Literary Analysis
- Introduction to World Religions
- Introduction to Religious Studies
- Pauline Rhetoric and Rhetorical Analysis
- Empire Studies and Biblical Studies
- Cultural Studies and Biblical Studies
- African American Biblical Hermeneutics
- Post-Modern, Post-Colonial and Ideological Studies
- Religious Controversy
- Conflict Resolution
- Narrative Analysis
- World Scriptures
- Literary Theory and Religious Literature
Williams, D. K. (2012, June). African American Approaches: Re-humanizing the Reader against Racism and Reading Through Experience. Marchal, J. A. (Ed.). Studying Paul's Letters: Contemporary Perspectives and Methods, 155-73. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
Williams, D. K. (2012, June). "'No Longer as a Slave: 'Reading' the Interpretation History of Philemon". Johnson, M. V., Noel, J. A., & Williams, D. K. (Eds.). Onesimus Our Brother: Reading Religion, Race and Slavery in Philemon, 11-45. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
Noel, J. A., Johnson, M. V., & Williams, D. K., eds. (2012). Onesimus Our Brother: Reading Religion, Race and Slavery in Philemon. Minneapolis: Fortress Books.
Williams, D. K. (2009, July (3rd Quarter/Summer)). ’Upon All Flesh’: Acts 2 and Intersectional Realities. Bailey, R. C., Benny Liew, T., & Segovia, F. F. (Eds.). They Were All Together in One Place? Toward Minority Biblical Criticism, Semeia Studies No. 57, 289-310. Society of Biblical Literature.
Williams, D. K. (2007). Acts of the Apostles. Blount, B. K., Felder, C. H., Martin, C. J., & Powery, E. B. (Eds.). True to Our Native Land: An African American New Testament Commentary, 213-48. Fortress Press.