- Student Internships in the Virtual Space - Part 1: November 13, 2020
Part 2: November 20, 2020
- Covid-19 and Educational Disparities: Global Perspectives - Doug Savage, Director of the Institute of World Affairs at UWM moderates an international panel discussing how the coronavirus pandemic has highlighted and widened educational disparities around the world.
- COVID-19 and Educational Disparities: Global Perspectives - September 23, 2020
Webinar hosted via Zoom
Join the Institute of World Affairs and UWM's Global and International Studies Program for a moderated discussion with guest panelists from around the world, discussing the COVID-19 Pandemic's impact on education on a global scale.
- Congratulations to Caroline Seymour-Jorn - Congratulations to Global and International Studies Director, Caroline Seymour-Jorn, on the publication of her new book, Creating Spaces of Hope.
- Choir Project Article Published in “Middle East Critique” - Congratulations to Global and International Studies director Caroline Seymour-Jorn on the publication of her article on The Choir Project which took place at UWM last year, lead by Egyptian artist Salam Yousry.
- Collective Statement of Solidarity - In response to police violence against Black and Brown people in our city and nationwide and the recent murders of George Floyd, Tony McDade, Breonna Taylor, Joel Acevedo, Ahmaud Arbery, and a painfully long list of others, we write in strong solidarity and support for... Read More
- UWM Global Studies faculty Jeffrey Sommers’ article - Global Studies faculty Jeffrey Sommers recently published an article titled America's Mis-Police State in Project Syndicate.
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: New Global Studies Requirements! - Changes were recently made to the Global Studies Degree Program
- Study Abroad Opportunity in Poland - Earn credit for two history courses and experience the history of the Holocaust and Jewish-Christian history in Poland and Lithuania firsthand.
- Volunteers Needed for the International Folk Fair! - The Holiday Folk Fair International, America’s premier multicultural festival and a program of the International Institute of Wisconsin, celebrates the cultural heritage of the people living in southeastern Wisconsin. You can explore the ways music, food, dance, and art weave together a message of welcome. Student Volunteers are need for this great event!
- Meet Diplomat in Residence-Midwest: Ron Packowitz - Interested in careers and internships abroad? Ever thought about working for the State Department?
- Pandemic at the Polls: Election Integrity and Covid-19 - Wednesday, April 39, 2020, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The UWM Institute of World Affairs is pleased to host a virtual town hall discussion exploring how crises like the current pandemic can threaten democracy both here and abroad. Sarah Repucci, the Vice President of Freedom House will be the featured presenter.