- Intern at the Milwaukee Justice Center - The Milwaukee Justice Center is seeking internship candidates for Fall 2019. Training and supervision is provided. Internships are unpaid, but may be completed for academic credit. Interns are expected to serve a minimum of 6-10 hours per week, but may do more if they so desire. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in pursuing a social work, social justice, or legal careers. All majors are accepted and no prior experience is required.
- Intern with Senator Tammy Baldwin - University students who possess a passion for public service, a desire to create positive social change, and an interest in gaining knowledge of and experience in constituent services through the office of a U.S. Senator are encouraged to apply.
- Apply for the Florence Healy Scholarship in Women’s and Gender Studies! - The Florence Healy Scholarship in Women's and Gender Studies is offering a $3,000 scholarship for the 2019-20 school year. Application deadline is 11:59pm on July 15, 2019.
- Call for Abstracts on Local and Global Projects Related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals! - Healthy People on a Healthy Planet, Interdisciplinary Global Health Conference, Milwaukee, WI on September 27, 2019. Students are encouraged to participate! Abstracts are due by June 15th, 2019.
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS: International High-Level Conference “Educating for the Rule of Law” - Interested in the fight against corruption, organized crime, and rule of law issues? Submit a proposal to present at the United Nations Educating for Rule of Law conference and you may win a free trip to Vienna, Austria!
- Follow Kayla’s Internship Journey in Ghana - Global Studies Summer Internship Awardee Kayla Kozlowski is spending three weeks in Ghana with Saha Global, helping women launch business that provide clean water to rural communities in northern Ghana. Follow her journey here!
- Join the Global Impact Corps! - Participate in a hands-on, immersive, and unique global health experience in Ghana, Honduras, or India. Students and professionals support and assist local doctors as they provide care in villages, slums, and refugee camps to those who are otherwise unable to access care.
- Alumni Video Contest! - To celebrate the success of our graduates and promote our dynamic programs, the Global and International Studies program is collecting a variety of video testimonials from GS and IS graduates. Submit your video for a chance to win a $150 Amazon gift card!
- Congratulations 2019 Global Studies Summer Internship Awardee Kayla Kozlowski! - UWM Global Studies major Kayla Kozlowski will be interning with Saha Global this coming summer. She will have the opportunity to spend three weeks in Ghana empowering women through education and providing resources to help them bring clean water to their communities. Congratulations, Kayla!
- 6th Annual UWM International Dessert Competition - An amazing array of desserts were on display at this year’s 6th Annual UWM International Dessert Competition with entries from 20+ places across the world: Germany/Vietnam fusion, Germany, Holland, India, Italy, United Kingdom, Palestine, Romania, Japan, Indonesia, Israel, Denmark, Greece,... Read More
View all news →