Join the Global Impact Corps!
Immersive Healthcare Delivery Experience in Ghana, Honduras, and India
Review complete details and application instructions.
Participate in a hands-on, immersive, and unique global health experience for weeks or months in Ghana, Honduras, or India. Students and professionals support and assist local doctors as the local doctors provide care in villages, slums, and refugee camps to those who are otherwise unable to access or afford care. During the past decade, Unite For Sight has worked with our local partners to provide care to 2.7 million patients, including more than 106,000 sight-restoring surgeries. Unite For Sight’s program offers extensive learning opportunities for those interested in any aspect of public health, medicine, international development, and social entrepreneurship. Participants support and learn from the talented local doctors who are social entrepreneurs addressing complex global health issues.
What do Global Impact Fellows do? Unite For Sightâ€™s Global Impact Corps Program is an immersive global health experience for students and professionals who are interested in public health, international development, medicine, or social entrepreneurship. Fellows participate with and learn from Unite For Sight’s talented local partner doctors who have provided care to 2.7 million patients living in poverty, including more than 106,000 sight-restoring surgeries. Fellows assist with patient education, visual acuity testing, patient intake, distributing the glasses and medication prescribed by the local doctors, and other important support tasks. They also have the opportunity to observe the surgeries provided by the local doctors. Additionally, fellows may participate in the Global Impact Lab, an optional program for those interested in pursuing research. For example, we currently have fellows pursuing research studies about medication management, traditional medicine practices, and patient barriers to eye care.
Unite For Sight is the only organization in the world that:
- is a healthcare delivery organization that also offers immersive global health education opportunities for students and professionals
- uses 100% of all donations and funds submitted to directly provide care for patients who are otherwise unable to access or afford care
- directly teaches the importance of supporting and assisting local professionals in their own social ventures to eliminate disparities in their communities and countries
- offers an opportunity to learn from local medical professionals about effective strategies to reach the hardest-to-reach patients in villages, slums, and refugee camps
- develops comprehensive training materials in cultural competency, ethics, and global health best practices to prepare its volunteers for a high-impact immersive experience