Global Studies stands with the Asian Faculty and Staff Association at UWM and all Asian and Asian-American people in denouncing all violence against Asians. We encourage all students, faculty, and staff to:
- be in solidarity with Asian members of our community,
- take action to learn about Asian American history,
- to educate ourselves about allyship
- become comfortable intervening in acts of overt aggression and microaggressions that impact Asian group members and members of other marginalized groups,
- engage in practices that disrupt the historic and institutional systems of oppression that give rise to these xenophobic actions, and
- lend direct support to Asian business, individuals, and community organizations.
Thanks to the Asian Faculty and Staff Association at UWM for this list of resources on Anti-Asian violence, which can be found here.