The purpose of this funding is to support students who have been traditionally underrepresented in study abroad. Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to students participating in the semester, academic year, summer, or UWinteriM study abroad programs.
Individuals from one or more of the following groups may apply:
- first-generation college students
- students from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to: American Indian or Alaskan Native, African American or Black, Hispanic or Latino/a, Asian, Native Hawaiian, or other Pacific Islander
- students with disabilities
To apply, please complete the application by the following deadline (check the application form/materials for the actual deadline date) :
- Summer/Fall Semester – February
- UWinteriM/Spring Semester – September
Review Committee Members[/one_third_last]
See Summer Fall 2020 AY 2020-21 Application for most current information on eligibility requirements, required application materials, actual application deadline, selection criteria, and post-trip requirements. Submit the application form along with required materials (essay and letter of recommendation) to the Center for International Education Study Abroad Office in Pearse 166 by 4:30 p.m. of the deadline date.
For information on other scholarships and grants available, please check out the Center for International Education’s website at uwm.edu/cie/study-abroad/financial-planning/scholarships/.
|Vacue Lo, Austria||Jasmine Woodley, Kenya||Jonatan Zuniga, Mexico||Abigail Cortez, Jordan|