This year’s UWM German Program Spring Awards Ceremony was held on May 10, 2018. It was a joyous opportunity for us to conclude the academic year by honoring our outstanding students for their achievements in our German courses as well as their engagement in the German program. As in previous years, we were pleased to inaugurate new members to the National German Honors Society Delta Phi Alpha and to recognize excellent academic performance with the following awards:
- The Franz Schubert Award for Music and German
- The First-Year German Award
- The Second-Year German Award
- The Award for Performance in German Culture Courses taught in English
- The Third-Year German Award
- The Outstanding German Minor Award
- The Outstanding German Major Award
We are also grateful to our generous sponsors Ruth and Fred Schwertfeger, the Rudolf and Helga Kaden Fund, as well as the Mariele Schirmer Scholarship Fund. Their generosity has enabled us to support our students with the following awards:
- The Kaden Internship Award in the amount of $5000
- The UWM German Sword Award for Study Abroad, awarded to two students in the amount of $25000 each
- The Mariele Schirmer Scholarship in the amount of $1250
Congratulations to all our award recipients and to our graduates!
Please visit https://uwm.edu/german/undergraduate/annual-events/ to find out more about our annual events!