The application process for all students and all scholarships at UWM begins with UWM’s Scholarship Portal. You will need to create a general profile and upload a copy of your transcript.
Many scholarships require no additional application beyond this general scholarship application and uploaded transcript; students are automatically reviewed for these types of scholarships.
You may also see scholarships on your Scholarship Portal dashboard that you can “Apply To.” These are scholarships which do require additional information beyond the general application and uploaded transcript. Be sure to read the description for these to make sure you meet the eligibility requirements before submitting the additional information that is being requested.
- AAPG; Robert and Carolyn Maby Memorial Grant (Graduate Students Only)
- A.L. Medlin Scholarship, Coal Geology Division of the Geological Society of America (GSA)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists Student Grant-in-Aid
- American Institute of Professional Geologists Student Scholarships (must be a member of AIPG; it is free)
- The Association for Women Geoscientists
- AWG Maria Luisa Crawford Field Camp Scholarship
- Colorado Scientific Society Grants
- Geological Society of America Student Research Grant
- Geological Society of America Student Travel Grants
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers (NAGT: Scholarship for Field Study
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- National Science Foundation IRES Research
- National Science Foundation REU
- R. Harder Gallery of Gems and Mineral Scholarship (pdf 25kb)
- Research Experiences in Solid Earth Science for Students (RESESS)
- Science, Mathematics & Research for Transformation Scholarship
- Significant Opportunities in Atmospheric Research and Science (SOARS)
- SPARK Programs for Students
- Wisconsin Geological Society Research Award
- Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium Funding Programs