Students who begin their higher education journey at UWM at Washington County or UWM at Waukesha are encouraged to apply for scholarships provided by the foundations on each campus.
The Washington County Campus Foundation provides over $200,000 in scholarships annually for students who attend or plan to attend UWM at Washington County.
All students are considered regardless of GPA. The scholarship committee matches students with the scholarships for which they qualify. Most awards require full-time enrollment and consider students’:
- achievement in school or
- financial need or
- interest in certain majors (education, nursing, etc.) or
- extracurricular activities or
- community involvement
The annual scholarship application process opens Dec. 15 and closes Feb. 15.
You can apply for scholarships online. As part of your application, you must submit one letter of recommendation, preferably from a faculty member.
Please contact the foundation office if you have questions or need more information.
The UWM at Waukesha Foundation distributes approximately $35,000 in scholarships annually to students who attend or plan to attend UWM at Waukesha.
To apply for a scholarship from UWM at Waukesha, students must meet the following criteria:
- New students must have a minimum ACT score of 19 or higher, or a 2.5 GPA.
- Continuing students must have earned at least 12 credits, which may include up to 3 non-degree credits, and have a minimum 2.25 GPA.
- All applicants must demonstrate leadership, initiative, critical thinking, maturity and potential to contribute to society.
Financial need is not a requirement to be considered for scholarships.
Scholarship applications are due in February. Contact the UWM at Waukesha Foundation office for an application. You will need to submit two letters of recommendation.
Visit UWM’s Panther Scholarship Portal for additional scholarship opportunities.