Academic advising is a very important part of your college experience. Advisors are available to support you with specialized advising so that you can begin your college career confident that you are heading in the right direction.

Advisor meets with student in officeYour academic advisor can help you:

  • Explore your academic and career goals.
  • Select classes that help you explore your interests, identify your eventual major or meet requirements for a major already chosen.
  • Build a class schedule that balances your homework and class load.
  • Help you pursue a major that you’ll love.

Each campus offers a variety of advising services to assist students in meeting their academic, career or personal needs at no charge. Advisors will help connect you to all the necessary tools and resources you need to be a strong and confident student, prepared for success.

Advising appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

To schedule an appointment with an advisor at UWM at Waukesha, email or call 262-521-5040. For UWM at Washington County advising, email or call 262-335-5201.

See Academic Resources for additional information on transferring credits, a GPA calculator, student handbook and more.