An online dashboard monitoring community levels of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is now live. The project is a collaborative, statewide effort, with School of Freshwater Sciences professor Sandra McLellan playing a key role, to detect levels of the virus by monitoring wastewater.
The groundbreaking work begun by the McLellan Lab is part of a nationwide effort.
Read more about the project here:
- “State launches dashboard for COVID-19 data found in sewage”, UWM Report, December 11, 2020
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services announcement, December 9, 2020
- New York Times story on nationwide effort, December 8, 2020
- Community Corner update, Milwaukee Patch, December 9, 2020
- UWM reporting, August 28, 2020
- UWM reporting, July 1, 2020
Watch Dr. McLellan’s recent UWM Alumni Master Chat on tracking COVID-19 through wastewater.