- This event has passed.
SFS Open House at Harbor Fest 2021
September 19 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Let’s celebrate fish, water and ships! Join us for the return of Harbor Fest on September 19. The School of Freshwater Sciences will once again offer an open house with demonstrations and activities.
This year the street festival has expanded to include the Milwaukee Riverkeeper Boat Parade and Sturgeon Fest by Riveredge Nature Center. The festival will be along the 600 block of East Greenfield Avenue, outside of the UWM School of Freshwater Sciences building and Harbor View Plaza.
Festival goers can:
- Tour the UW-Milwaukee School of Freshwater Sciences
- See the Milwaukee RiverKeeper MKE Boat Parade
- Release a baby sturgeon with Riveredge Nature Center
- Learn how to filet a fish with WDNR
- Take a free pontoon boat ride in the harbor
- Watch art in the making and aerialists at work
- Connect with Harbor District businesses and environmental groups
- Climb a rock wall
- Enjoy lunch from a local food truck, with a beer from Indeed and a paleta from Paleteria Yayo
- Dance the afternoon away with DJ Hala and Cach
Per CDC guidance, due to the transmissible nature of the Delta variant, masks are strongly encouraged for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
Learn more at https://harbordistrict.org/harbor-fest/