- This event has passed.
Colloquium in Freshwater Science: Nathon Breu
October 25, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Fight for Tribal Fishing Rights
Nathon Breu is a graduate student in the UWM Department of American Indian Studies.
Topics of Discussion:
- How have tribes dealt with deliberately complex and confusing legal language?
- What current legal battles are occurring related to these issues?
- What can we do as future water professionals to promote the rights of indigenous peoples and communities?
- What needs to be done to address the damage to whitefish populations caused by nonnative species?
- What issues do indigenous fishers still face today?
- How has the autonomy of indigenous tribes changed over time?
This event is open to the public.