French, Italian & Comp Literature
Curtin Hall 786
- Brown University, AB, Comparative Literature
- Cornell University, PhD, Comparative Literature
- The Literature and Film of the World Wars
- Love and Passion in the European Novel
- Contemporary South Korean Cinema
- Post-Apocalyptic Literature and Film
- Democracy and Literary Criticism
- Modernity and Sovereignty
- The Bible and Greek Tragedy
- Science Fiction
- East Asian Film
- Modern European Literature
- Political Theory
- Theories of Religion
- Contemporary Fiction
Other Academic Activities
- Co-Organizer (with Merry Wiesner-Hanks), Debt, an International Interdisciplinary Conference sponsored by the Center for 21st Century Studies. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, April 30-May 1, 2010
- Chair and Organizer, “Alan Moore: Comics Visionary, MLA Convention. Philadelphia, December 28, 2009
- Chair and Organizer, “Zizek and Christianity,” MLA Convention. Washington, DC, December 29, 2005
- Organizer, Symposium: “Religion, Violence, and the Limits of Liberalism,” Center for 21st Century Studies. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, December 9, 2005
- Chair and Organizer, Panel on Hideaki Anno’s End of Evangelion. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, November 5, 2005
- Co-organizer (with Patrice Petro and Marcus Bullock), Aftermaths: Exile, Migration, Diaspora, Interdisciplinary Conference sponsored by the UWM Center for International Education. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, April 22-24, 2004
Paik, Peter Y. “The Death of Horror: On Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s Cure.” Situations 9.2 (2016): 67-81.
Paik, Peter Y. “A Tale Humans Cannot Tell: On Jin-Roh: The Wolf-Brigade.” Animation 11.1 (2016): 108-122.
Paik, Peter Y. “A Kindly Apocalypse: Philip Rieff and the Endgame of the Therapeutic.” The Journal of English Language and Literature 61.3 (2015): 433-458.
Paik, Peter Y. “Apocalypse of the Therapeutic: The Death of Desire in The Cabin in the Woods.” Mimesis, Movies, and Media: Violence, Desire, and the Sacred, Volume 3 3. Ed. Cowdell, Scott, Fleming, Chris, and Hodge, Joel. Bloomsbury Academic, (2015): 105-116.
Paik, Peter Y., and Wiesner-Hanks, Merry. Debt: Ethics, the Environment, and the Economy. Ed. Paik, Peter Y., and Wiesner-Hanks, Merry E. Indiana University Press, 2013: 242.
Paik, Peter Y. ““The Master Who Mistook Himself for a Monster: Park Chan-wook’s Oldboy and the Artifice of History”.” The Journal of Literature and Film 14.1 (2013): 27-59.
Paik, Peter Y. “Review of Apocalypse: From Antiquity to the Empire of Modernity by John Hall.” Sociological Review 60.3 (August 2012) 60.3 Wiley, (2012): 580-583.
Paik, Peter Y. “Review of The Politics of Survival by Marc Abélès.” Theory and Event. Johns Hopkins University Press, (2010).