Updates and reminders from University Housing
Hi Panther families! As you likely have already seen, University Housing assignments started to be released on Friday, July 9th and can be found in your student’s MyHousing portal. Assignments will continue to be released on a rolling basis every Friday, so if your student hasn’t gotten theirs yet, keep calm and make sure they are checking their UWM email! Here are some things to know for incoming students, whether they have or have not yet been assigned:
- University Housing does still have space both in our residence halls and in Kenilworth Square Apartments! If your student is still looking at housing options for this academic year, they can request a University Housing contract for residence halls.
- Don’t forget! In order to be assigned, students’ $100 Housing Deposit must be paid in full. Your student can view their account and make a payment at paws.uwm.edu.
- If your student has been assigned but is hoping a change can be made to their assignment, please have them fill out the Assignment Change Form. Requests are due by July 25th and decisions will be made by July 30th.
- University Housing does a final check for contract eligibility on August 1st. If your student is not enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits on August 1st, their contract may be administratively canceled. Please ensure they are working to complete their steps to enrollment and enrolling in fall courses prior to August 1st. Visit uwm.edu/onestop/enrolling for more information.
- August 1st is also the last date to request an early arrival! If students need to arrive on campus early, they must submit an Early Arrival Request Form by August 1st. Early arrival requests submitted after August 1st will not be approved.
- Students who have previously signed a contract but wish to cancel must fill out the Contract Cancellation Request Form. Cancellation forms must be received by University Housing at least 24 hours before your Assigned Entry Date OR August 26, 2021, whichever is first. Please note that all first-time freshmen who are not veterans, married, or living with parents or guardians, are required to live in a University-operated Residence Hall when such accommodations are available; students seeking an exemption from the Residency Requirement must complete the Request for Exemption from UWM Residency Policy Form. Cancellations will not be processed until the student’s exemption request is granted.
As always, students and families can reach the University Housing office with any questions or concerns by phone at (414) 229-4065 between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday, or via email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.