University Housing | On and Off Campus Housing

University Housing (On Campus)

First-year students are primarily assigned Cambridge Commons, Riverview Residence Hall, and Sandburg traditional Towers (North, South, and West Towers). University Housing areas that often serve sophomore and above students, such as Sandburg East Towers, Cambridge Commons Upgrades, Purin Hall, and Kenilworth Square Apartments also feature full kitchens in addition to semi-private bathrooms. To better meet the needs of upper-class students, Kenilworth Square Apartments are limited to students who are junior standing or 21 years or older by September 1.

Residence Life is the group of University Housing professionals and student staff members assigned to help your students succeed both personally and academically at UWM. A Resident Assistant is an upper-class student who serves as a guide, peer mentor, and event planner for a set of residents in a particular “house” or “wing” in University Housing. Our full-time professional Residence Life Coordinators help guide the overall community and student development of our residents. In addition to supervising the Resident Assistants, these professionals meet with students who might need additional guidance on academics, getting involved, resolving more difficult roommate conflicts, or correcting behavioral concerns.

University Housing is committed to the safety and security of residents. University Housing residential facilities include 24/7 student security staff, and an on-call professional live-in staff member. Each residence hall has a Service Desk that serves as an information resource for residents and visitors. Each building also provides mail service to residential students. Students and guests are also held accountable for behavioral expectations while living in or visiting University Housing facilities.

University Housing Office

Resident room assignments, and questions about housing bills and meal plans.
(414) 229-4065 •

To Schedule a Housing Tour call us at 414-429-3158 or email

Residence Life Offices

Resident behavior concerns, student involvement, and roommate conflicts.
(414) 229-5712

Residential Facilities Office

Work order questions, facility amenity questions – Electronic Room/Suite/Apartment Work Orders submit your request online at

For more information:
(414) 229-4065